[extropy-chat] late response to Dan/Technotranscendence

Tue Jan 13 14:48:50 UTC 2004

David Lubkin wrote,
> The Founding Fathers, indeed, *did* want the right to vote
> limited to an elite, and arguably chose criteria that would
> select for intelligence, competence, and concern for the future.
> It's subsequent that the right to vote was expanded as broadly
> as possible.

The founding father's criteria for voting:
- Males could vote, females couldn't
- Whites could vote, blacks and natives couldn't
- Land or estate owners could vote, their tenets, employees and poor people
could not

I don't see that rich white males select for intelligence or competence very
well.  I am glad the right to vote was expanded as broadly as possible.

--
Harvey Newstrom, CISSP, CISA, CISM, IAM, IBMCP, GSEC
Certified IS Security Pro, Certified IS Auditor, Certified InfoSec Manager,