[extropy-chat] Sleeplessness

Jef Allbright jef at jefallbright.net
Sat Jan 17 03:22:51 UTC 2004

Rik van Riel wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Harvey Newstrom wrote:
>
>> I also practice what is known as "Lucid Dreaming."  This is where
>> you can recognize you are in a dream state and become conscious of
>> that fact.  I have consciously worked on project plans while asleep
>> in a dream, and woken up with usable step by step solutions already
>> worked out.
>
> I have this too once in a while; it's just perfect since it
> allows me to figure out solutions to complex problems without
> any distractions.

I find that when I'm just waking up I'm more creative in a free-associative
way.  It's as if the more logical and rational parts of the brain are
inhibited, allowing other processes free rein.  Might this be related to the
recent discoveries of enhanced creativity with magnetic intercranial
stimulation?

- Jef