[extropy-chat] [comp] Protect an exe?

Emlyn O'regan oregan.emlyn at healthsolve.com.au
Tue Jan 27 02:52:25 UTC 2004

You're going to put the whole anti-virus industry out of business!

I don't think that'll work; a good virus will make it writable first :-) (I
guess.. I don't really know that much about them)

> Also, you could have them go to your website and select the .exe to
> download. That would make it a bit better than having them download
> an .exe attachement to an email... which is a dangerous habit to get
> into. IYKWIM. :)
>
> Regards,
> MB

Yes, I'm thinking of doing that. I'll keep tinkering with approaches. btw,
opening exe attachments to emails is not something I need to encourage... it
seems it is something that Joe Sixpack is already quite comfortable with :-(

Emlyn