[extropy-chat] Redneck Transhumanists

natashavita at earthlink.net natashavita at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 2 16:47:33 UTC 2004

From: Eli

natashavita at earthlink.net wrote:

>>We could also do:
>
>>"You know you are a newbie transhumanist if you ..."
>>"You know you are a reluctant transhumanist if you ..."
>>"You know you are a Marxist transhumanist if you ..."
>>"You know you are ....

>What's a reluctant transhumanist?  Is it anything like a reluctant virgin?

Sometimes I think about people being pulled into the future by their
coat-tails, as they are reaching out, grabbing for the past. It's a funny
mental illustration.

People may become transhumanist becasue it becomes so socially acceptable,
they take it on to fit in, however reluctant -- like wearing blue jeans
that are not really all that comfortable.