[extropy-chat] Redneck Transhumanists

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 6 22:52:30 UTC 2004

--- Samantha Atkins <samantha at objectent.com> wrote:

> On Jul 2, 2004, at 10:28 AM, Dustin Wish with INDCO Networks wrote:
>

> > OK, I feel I started something that maybe out of control...lol
> >
> > I hope members of this group do not look at those from the south as
> > uneducated inbreeds. I do poke fun at the stereotypes we have here
> in
> > the
> > south, but know this is not the case for the most part. However, I
> do
> > understand that the meth ridden trailer parks of Arkansas do offer
> > lot of
> > amusement that their expense.
>
> Now wait, the poking fun is about "rednecks".  I know of no law of
> nature such that rednecks are restricted to the south or even only
> exist when there is inbreeding.  Heck, I've even known European
> rednecks!

Ayup. Up across the river from me, over yonder in Vermont, their Civil
Unions law has legalized incestuous relationships entirely, with all
the financial advantages of being married straight or unrelated gay
partners... (don't believe me? read the law, they had to write it that
way to comply with the equal protection clause....)

=====
Mike Lorrey
Chairman, Free Town Land Development
                                         -William Pitt (1759-1806)