[extropy-chat] Redneck Transhumanists

Olga Bourlin fauxever at sprynet.com
Wed Jul 7 05:24:38 UTC 2004

From: "Mike Lorrey" <mlorrey at yahoo.com>
> --- Olga Bourlin <fauxever at sprynet.com> wrote:
> Ah, Olga, the problem with your noble sentiments is that they are too
> noble. Try'n tell this tripe to a redneck, and they'll laugh at you,
> they already laugh at it when well intentioned folks like yourself
> start talkin' about the need for ebonics and bilingual education and
> why we shouldn't profile arabs n' other muslims when almost all
> terrorists are such.

Michael, please ... sometimes you're so out to lunch.  Some years ago I
actually signed a petition *against* bilingual education (this got me on
some Republican mailing lists long ago - which mailings I still get to this
day, hehehe).  Having learned 4 languages by the time I was 9 years old
made me a true believer in the ability of children to learn languages.
(Ahh, but once those children hit adolescence - when it comes to learning a
new language - all is lost.  Those plucky grey cells turn into a block of
grey cement.)

As to the rest of that paragraph you've written, I won't even dignify it by
responding ...

Olga