[extropy-chat] gmail invitations

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 21 20:37:47 UTC 2004

Harry Hawk says on Orkut that his gmail account now gets 70 spam
messages a day, that his SPAM folder has over 12,000 messages in it.

I've got to wonder how this makes gmail so great. Yahoo's spam filter
is outstanding. I get 10-20 spams a day which go automatically into my
'bulk' folder. Maybe 1 a day gets through to my inbox. I don't have to
maintain a folder of thousands of spam messages, I delete them. Yahoo
knows they are spam and is still able to use them to improve its
filtration without putting administration on to me.

And, while another poster said they like gmail cause they can access it
anywhere on any OS, I've done the same with Yahoo mail all over the US
on many machines and OS's.

Yahoo is 100 mb of space for free, 2 Gigs for $19.95 a year. What are
the real advantages of gmail?

--- Kevin Freels <megaquark at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Nope. I'd like one for, but I may have to resort to purchasing an
> invitation
> on ebay.

=====
Mike Lorrey