[extropy-chat] POLITICS: terrorism and strategies

RobKPO trichrom at optusnet.com.au
Fri Jun 25 04:13:46 UTC 2004

> On Jun 24, 2004, at 8:20 PM, paul.bridger wrote:
> > If you really want to solve the US problem with terrorism, change the
> > cause. US foreign policy is the cause. Obviously.

The problem with current terrorism seem's to be a result of the Cold War
global game. Unfortunatly it gave ppl all around the world access to modern
weapons and an insight into just how poor they really were (by way of
comparison with US or Soviet basing). In the case of anti-western radical
Islam, they seem to have a big problem with simply having non-followers
'only' located in their countries.....

I guess US foreign policy cant be as ruthless as Russian foreign policy in
regards to exposure to foreign nation's during the Cold War. Just a shame
lil Hitler's had to rise up from those places, which seems today to be the
root of terrorism.

Considering the outcome of the Cold War, I can't really fault the broad US
policy during those times - in light of the USSR's expansion.

RobKPO