[extropy-chat] POLITICS: terrorism and strategies

Bill Hibbard test at demedici.ssec.wisc.edu
Fri Jun 25 11:38:08 UTC 2004

> e.g. For Muslim radicals:
> Nuke Medina, Messina, Faluja and Najaf.
> e.g. For Jews & Palestinians:
> Nuke Jerusalem.
> e.g. For Sudan
> Nuke the city with the greatest population of prejudiced Arabs.

This discussion illustrates a point that is critical for
the extropian and transhumanist movements: our proposals
for remaking the world must respect all humans.

The obvious problem with the proposal to nuke all these
cities is that it does not respect the many innocent people
who would be killed.

If we do not build respect for all humans into our thinking,
then we are giving a powerful argument to those opposed to
extropian and transhumanist ideas. This will also make it
easier for them to define "respect for all humans" in the
terms of ancient religions. If we respect all humans, then
we will have more power to define what that means.

Bill