[extropy-chat] BM's comments

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 pgptag at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 07:04:37 UTC 2004

I agree with Natasha that the best thing to do for those who felt
outraged by Robert's original post would have been boycotting Robert
by just not responding to his thread. I also agree that the beauty of
this list is directed by the flow of ideas, and I am against
censorship on this list. If you don't like something, just ignore it.
But now that I am writing anyway, some comments:
Many have felt morally outraged by Robert's post, but nobody has said
anything about the fact that this is a very dangerous approach. In
today's world and even more in tomorrow's world, very distructive
technology is more and more available to groups without significant
financial resources. This is a fact and we have to live with it. I
believe 9/11 costed a few hundreds of thousands (not millions)
dollars. Their real competitive advantage was not more money, but
enough people ready to die for their cause. This is their real weapon.
You try nuking them out - the remaining few react with bioweapons (you
know that you are not going to wipe every one of them out don't you?)
- then the few left of you react with X - then the fewer left of them
react with Y...
Wouldn't it be wiser trying to find some kind of mutually acceptable
way of life on this planet?
G.