[extropy-chat] Thinking in Darwinian Lockstep

Reason reason at longevitymeme.org
Wed Mar 3 20:40:30 UTC 2004

Sadly, these people are actually very influential. Their relationship to the
libertarian community is similar to the relationship of Betterhumans to the
transhumanist community - i.e. they get way more eyeballs than the rest of
the community put together, but are by no means representative of diversity
or majority viewpoints.

Positions and statements on immigration from a few of the writers. As for
religion, they veer off into protectionism and racism, ignoring the obvious,
well discussed libertarian solutions of property ownership, small government
and strong rule of law. If you have those two, you don't need borders.
Immigration "problems" are all commons-like problems relating to public
services and commonly-held resources that can be got rid of by privatizing
the problem areas.

Reason
Founder, Longevity Meme