[extropy-chat] Bubble fusion--strong evidence for it.

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 5 23:59:34 UTC 2004

--- Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

> Yes, but the claim wasn't 50 or 60 Hz. The claim was
> higher harmonics, and enough sound field power to
create cavitation strong enough for sonoluminescence
via *electrolysis*, using palladium electrodes.

> Which is equivalent to, say, vigorous steel
> structure erosion through fecal precipitation from
porcine aviation.

Hey!  Lighten up.  I didn't "claim" squat.  I mused.

And regarding sound field power, I tried--however
feebly--to get past that problem by proposing that
unplanned geometric factors might have created a
fortuitous/accidental resonance matched to the
high-frequency/ultrasonic voltage harmonic.  If you
can avoid damping, even a small signal can "pump up"
the energy to a level sufficient to trigger a
reaction, particulary if that energy can then be
further amplified by something like--as in this
case--bubble collapse.

As to porcine aviation, I just googled up 847 hits on
the subject, so I'll have to get back to you on that
after studying up a bit.

Best, Jeff Davis

   "Everything's hard till you know how to do it."
                           Ray Charles