[extropy-chat] Human dignity, life and death

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 gpmap at runbox.com
Fri Mar 12 06:20:44 UTC 2004

A bit of common sense, and of calling things by their name:
They will talk of Human Nature and Human Dignity. But the most distinctive
feature of human nature is our trying to overcome limitations and achieve
previously unattainable goals. This is the source of our civilizationa.
And human dignity is to be found in the struggle. Who has more dignity: one
who meekly accepts things as they are, or one who tries to change them into
something better. Even if (s)he fails, (s)he has achieved dignity in the
process.
Death gives meaning to life: then please kill yourself now, it is the only
sensible things that you can do. This is a meaningless sentence, how can it
be taken seriously by anyone?
---