[extropy-chat] Promote transhumanist ideas by joining StumbleUpon.com!

Michael Anissimov michael at acceleratingfuture.com
Mon May 24 10:34:57 UTC 2004

Hello fellow transhumanists,

I've been watching the web statistics of a few key organizations and
have found that we get a *lot* of hits from this service called
StumbleUpon.com.  It's a toolbar that surfers use to be directed towards
random websites based on their interests and ratings from fellow users
of the software.  Like Orkut, transhumanist-oriented ideas seem to be
disproportionately popular among users of this service.  Let's improve
our situation by joining this service, navigating to our favorite
websites, rating them with a "thumbs-up", and leaving a positive
comment, shall we?  It will take about 10 minutes of your time.  The
potential improvement in traffic could be enormous even if only 10% of
the people reading this email step up to the plate.

Download the software here:

http://www.stumbleupon.com/

Here are some of the sites I gave positive ratings and comments (listed
in random order):

http://www.foresight.org/NanoRev/
http://www.asimovlaws.com/
http://www.extropy.org/
http://www.acceleratingfuture.com/michael
http://www.transhumanism.org/
http://www.imminst.org/
http://www.singinst.org/
http://www.betterhumans.com/

Now that I have everyone's attention, I also wanted to mention that,
regardless of what I said in my recent AHA2004 conference report, I'm
not an uptight transhumanist Puritan.  I don't advocate the outlawing of
drinking, gambling, or prostition, but it makes me feel negative when
people's long-term happiness is damaged as a result of these short-term
pleasures.  (As it sometimes is.)  I had a great time in Vegas overall,
but must admit that I've been to many better cities.  (Vancouver and New
Haven come to mind.)

Thanks,

--
Michael Anissimov                           http://www.singinst.org/
Advocacy Director, Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence

--
Subscribe to our free eBulletin for research and community news:
http://www.singinst.org/news/subscribe.html