[extropy-chat] LIMBOIDS

Max M maxm at mail.tele.dk
Tue Nov 2 09:38:38 UTC 2004

>>LIMBOIDS
>>What, if anything, separates life from nonlife?

Religion... If you believe in God, you believe that God created life.

If you don't believe in religion, there is no reason at all to see
life/non-life as binary oppositions. Life and non life is on a scale. In
one end there is clearly no life in the other end there is clearly life,
as we define it.

What confuses is that there seem to have been some kind of "life
singularity", where the chemical reactions changed state quickly from
non-life to life. And by now the difference between chemical reactions
and life is pretty big.

I guess that what we call life is a combination of many different
factors. Yet they all seem to have exceptions. I think that the most
basic thing that different life forms has in common is that they can
postpone entropy.

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark

http://www.mxm.dk/