[extropy-chat] Aw Nuts! Bush Wins...

Sahyinepu sahynepu at concentric.net
Wed Nov 3 21:08:35 UTC 2004

For one...we are turning into the most hypocritical nation of all.  We
invade other countries supposedly to liberate them from religious
oppression...oppression of women, as well as presumably gays, and of
course, oppression of the sciences.

Meanwhile, we pass oppressive measures like the Patriot Acts I and II,
make gay marriage and even civil unions illegal, attempt to limit
contraceptives and abortion for women, and limit and stop scientific
endeavors, be they in the medical fields or the environmental ones.

We are slowly looking more and more like the countries we claim to
liberate...we are looking a lot like a theocracy, and less like a
democracy.  Which begs the question, why even bother to liberate them,
when we cannot protect and ensure the same freedoms here?

America needs to sit down and shut up.