[extropy-chat] Extropian Scorecard

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 6 22:56:59 UTC 2004

--- Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:
> But I can't see why keeping everyone healthy and youthful would
> `bankrupt the social security system'. On the
> contrary, I think this is one of the great benefits of any negligible
> senescence treatment, and a major motive for governments to invest
> heavily in its development *before* the shit hits the fan.

You are extremely optimistic to think that a government is going to be
that smart and will actually implement such an optimistic solution. No,
they will find that people will be living to 120 with ease, you will
have three retired people for every working person. The word 'taxpayer'
will become synonymous with 'slave' in future society and will be
looked down on ("I remember when I was a tax payer, worst 40 years of
my life.")

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)