[extropy-chat] conversing with S. Jay Olshansky and Aubrey de Grey

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Fri Nov 12 02:50:59 UTC 2004

>  Al Brooks
>
> Did any of you read of the recent vitamin E study that
> concluded a large fraction of those subjects who took
> only 200 IU a day had a higher rate of heart attacks?
> Even though it is only one study, what a bringdown.

Surely I am not the only geezer here who recalls the
big study that came out in 1977 that concluded that
there are four vitamins that should not be taken in
supplements:  A, D, E and K.  They reported at the
time that those four might be more harmful than
helpful if taken in the way that was so popular in
those wacky days: megadoses of everything.