[extropy-chat] Warwick: Could future computer viruses infecth umans?

Hara Ra harara at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 17 08:40:12 UTC 2004

Indeed. I hope when I come back from freezing that I will see a 'control
panel' of thousands of items I can tweak to optimize my performance and
enforce my preferences. Do note that the brain already does this, mostly
via the pitituitary, but also by several other means. However I want total
choice both biochemically and in perception. Ever saw the movie
'brainstorm'? Now add an editor.... and make it totally interactive.

At 10:51 PM 11/16/2004, you wrote:
>Rather than slavery, I was thinking more in terms of what you could do if
>you could directly manipulate your own internal biochemical environment
>with code. The compiler would be designed to filter out any pathological
>results (hopefully).
>
>Consider: complete control over one's biological existence via code.
>
>-NJ

=   Hara Ra (aka Gregory Yob)    =
=     harara at sbcglobal.net       =
=   Alcor North Cryomanagement   =