[extropy-chat] Warwick: Could future computer viruses infecth umans?

nsjacobus at yahoo.com nsjacobus at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 17 14:34:35 UTC 2004

Well mate, if i have my way, I'll be able to upload you before you are
frozen so that you can have your immortality-cake and eat it too.

-NJ

On Nov 17, 2004, at 3:40 AM, Hara Ra wrote:

Indeed. I hope when I come back from freezing that I will see a
'control panel' of thousands of items I can tweak to optimize my
performance and enforce my preferences. Do note that the brain already
does this, mostly via the pitituitary, but also by several other means.
However I want total choice both biochemically and in perception. Ever
saw the movie 'brainstorm'? Now add an editor.... and make it totally
interactive.

At 10:51 PM 11/16/2004, you wrote:
> Rather than slavery, I was thinking more in terms of what you could do
> if you could directly manipulate your own internal biochemical
> environment with code. The compiler would be designed to filter out
> any pathological results (hopefully).
>
> Consider: complete control over one's biological existence via code.
>
> -NJ

=   Hara Ra (aka Gregory Yob)    =
=     harara at sbcglobal.net       =
=   Alcor North Cryomanagement   =