[extropy-chat] last message for the day

Al Brooks kerry_prez at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 19 00:32:25 UTC 2004

Who said all or even most libertarians are paranoid?
Nonetheless I've met enough rightwing paranoids to
make me very leery of speaking with libertarians
face-to-face, however this is not because lib does not
interest me, quite the opposite. I emphatically do
understand the need to be vigilant in regard to
firearms legislation-- yet the NRA is very well
funded; unless a national emergency arises, second
amendment rights are safe. Though those who work for
the government are as venal as the rest of us, they
are not particularly interested in taking our rights
away, much of the conflict is just for show. I've
examined all this for almost 30 years, am convinced
much of the heated rhetoric is based on nothing more
than sound and fury. Don't reply to this message,
three posts is enough for me today. Don't get me
started.

> You are classifying all of the libertarians as
paranoid nuts.