[extropy-chat] but speaking of clones...

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Mon Nov 22 21:21:01 UTC 2004

...does anyone here know if former respected science writer David Rorvik
has yet confessed that IN HIS IMAGE (the 1978 allegedly faked book about a
millionaire who'd been successfully cloned) is indeed bogus? Or have recent
findings tended to *support* his much-ridiculed account? I know that some
of the then-preposterous procedures he described turned out to be rather
close to those devised by Roslin Institute; now that more work has been
done toward human cloning, I wonder if he's due for rehabilitation (and if
so the implications are startling)? Google suggests that as late as 1997 he
was still claiming it was true: http://www.msu.edu/~millettf/cloning.html

Damien Broderick