[extropy-chat] Atheists launch inquisition...

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 25 16:05:00 UTC 2004

> Adrian Tymes
>
> There's SF, and then there's the SF Bay Area.  The
> latter is far larger than the former, and happens to
> include the name of the more famous major city...

You are right.  I think we should rename it
the San Jose Bay Area.

> ... There's been major concern about how
> professional things are getting...

Ja, its a wonderful trend to professionalize games.
We need to teach our children well, that money drives
everything.  Make young capitalists out of them, instruct
them at every opportunity the joys of crass materialism.

> ...to the exclusion of kids who just wanted to play...

Play is for the retired elderly.  {8^D

> - the original reason for
> said programs - and how they often trump the academic
> studies that the schools are supposed to establish...

Ja I see your point.  Perhaps they should work out
ways to make the sports merge with academic studies,
such as by having students organize the concessions
and such.