[extropy-chat] now here is craftiness...

Trend Ologist trendologist at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 19 14:50:19 UTC 2004

Of course you're right. However I now go by trends extrapolated from the past. It does appear a monarchy is at least contemplated, in an emergency a constitutional monarchy would possibly be installed. That is certainly what the Bushes want... I don't think any of them are stupid at all.

Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:
A lot can happen between now and then. Keeping Cheney in the VP spot,
when he's stated he doesn't want to be President, leaves the door wide
open for GOP candidates from across the country. Jeb is just one
possibility. Tom Ridge is another. Craig Benson is said to be looking
at it, and he's got a half billion dollar war chest of his own to play
with, winning elections is becoming a bit of a hobby for him. Ahnuld
won't, unless they change the constitution between now and then.
They'll all be going up against the presumptive DNC heir, Hillary,
unless she succumbs to the realization that the real authority without
accountability in DC is as a Senator.

My bet is Benson will be the come from behind candidate because he'll
have the most money to spend on getting more name recognition
nationwide. He's fighting for one more two year term as governor, but
won't run again in 2006, so he'll have two years to build a base nationwide.