[extropy-chat] now here is craftiness...

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 19 15:34:44 UTC 2004

--- Trend Ologist <trendologist at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Of course you're right. However I now go by trends extrapolated from
> the past. It does appear a monarchy is at least contemplated, in an
> emergency a constitutional monarchy would possibly be installed. That
> is certainly what the Bushes want... I don't think any of them are
> stupid at all.

I'm not so cynical or paranoid as to think they want to install a
monarchy here. Or so stupid. You've been spending too much time in
Britain. Installing a monarchy is about the stupidest move someone
could make here. We like the British royals just fine as celebrities,
so long as they stay on their side of the pond and visit on occasion.
Doesn't mean we want or need or will tolerate any of our own.

Why be a king when you can control who gets elected? No, what we are
seeing here in the US is, with the vast expansion in the immigrant
community, a return to the political boss system that existed prior to
the advent of the political primary process. The bosses have now
figured out how to totally game the system and use the media to program
the voters to get the desired result.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)