[extropy-chat] now here is craftiness...

Trend Ologist trendologist at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 19 17:16:52 UTC 2004

I meant a de facto constitutional monarchy like, say,
Cromwell's Protectorate-- which was installed after an
emergency. If America got attacked with WMD I could
see a Protectorate installed, not in name but in
substance. We would be ruled by decrees; the president
would appoint his successor.
Naturally, it's a big 'if', perhaps we are being
deliberately frightened by the administration's WMD
talk . Just today Cheney gave a little speech on
megadeath in an American city, the need to "wrap our
minds around" WMD attacks, and Kerry's own
unpreparedness in meeting such threats.