[extropy-chat] the culture of force & matter

natashavita at earthlink.net natashavita at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 19 22:29:21 UTC 2004

From: scerir

"so I propose that artists -
- including poets and pianists - become scientists,
and scientists remain as they are.
They know about unmatter. In fact, Einstein was
the first to discover it." (Apryl Fox)

What a tragedy that would be, for it would cripple humanity and
transhumanity by limiting the mind and all its possibilities into a formula
driven by what "man" calls science.  No wonder Einstein stated that life
would be meaningless without the arts.

"Imagination is more important than knowldge."  Einstein

"... Such developments manifest themselves in traditions, instituitions,
and organizations; in literature; in scientific and engineering
accomplishments; *in works of art.* This explains how it happens that, in a
certain sense, man can influence his life through his own conduct, and that
in this process conscious thinking and wanting can play a part." (Einstiein)

"Where the world ceases to be the scene of our personal hopes and wishes,
where we face it as free beings, admiring, asking and observing, there we
enter the realm of art and science." (Einstein)

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the
source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a
stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as
good as dead: his eyes are closed."  (Einstein)

Natasha

Googling googling ...

'Unmatter'
by Apryl Fox

All great artists work with matter - the un-matter,
which is used in paintings and murals.
I don't mean with painting murals, you understand;
the murals of words, painting pictures in your mind.
That's what I meant.
I've seen those paintings in museums: "The Scream,"
"Mona Lisa." She was a good looking woman, Mona Lisa,
with a sensual smile and a half-quirked eyebrow.
She is unmatter, just as all paintings are,
just as all words are; so I propose that artists -