[extropy-chat] Constitution Restoration Act will effectively transform the United States...

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 pgptag at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 05:28:02 UTC 2004

Mike, thanks for the explanation, but now I find this even more disturbing.
You interpret the reference to "Natural Law" in terms of rights, and
believe it will be used to protect individual rights. I am afraid it
will be interpreted in terms of duties and things forbidden, and used
to take individual rights away.
"Natural Law" is a beautiful philosophic concept, but it is not
defined precisely, and cannot be defined precisely. So it is very,
very open to interpretation, and since we are talking of law and
legislation, the interpretation will be provided by those in power.
Suppose they want to outlaw stem cell research, abortion, sex out of
marriage, etc., as things against Natural Law. Suppse they want to
outlaw this very extropy-chat list, or your Free State. Suppose they
want to outlaw the Libertarian Party. It seems to me that if a judge
simply claims that these things are against Natural Law, he can get
away with it without even having to prove his claim, and nobody can
criticize or reverse his decision.