[extropy-chat] FRINK ERROR: Antihydrogen Propulsion

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 25 15:39:39 UTC 2004

From:	7 grams c^2
To:	bushels TNT
Result:
Conformance error
Left side is: 157282156278943087/250 (approx. 6.291286251157722e14) m^2
s^-2 kg (energy)
Right side is: 162525.07684181936305 m^5 s^-2 (unknown unit type)
Suggestion: divide left side by mass_density
For help, type: units[mass_density]
to list known units with these dimensions.

Yeah, I'm a smart-ass.

--- Alan Eliasen <eliasen at mindspring.com> wrote:

> Hara Ra wrote:
> > A few basics to consider:
> >
> > 1) 1 milligram of anti H2 is 2 mg of energy, approx 1KiloTon of
> > explosive energy here. This is considerably MORE than the worst
> possible
> > nuclear plant breakdown, say Chernobyl, involving an order less
> energy
> > over much longer time.
>
>    No, you're not even close.  2 milligrams is equal to 0.04 kilotons
> of TNT,
> or about the amount of energy in 1300 gallons of gasoline.
>
>    Try using Frink:
>
>    http://futureboy.homeip.net/fsp/frink.fsp
>
>    Enter:
>
>    2 mg c^2 -> kilotons TNT
> or
>    2 mg c^2 -> gallons gasoline
>
> > Point is, once we get beyond micrograms, the facility must be space
> based.
>
>    Should my local gas station be space-based too, considering?
>
> --
>   Alan Eliasen                 | "You cannot reason a person out of a
>   eliasen at mindspring.com       |  position he did not reason himself
>   http://futureboy.homeip.net/ |  into in the first place."
>                                |     --Jonathan Swift

=====