[extropy-chat] eating god flesh

Samantha Atkins samantha at objectent.com
Thu Sep 2 09:41:08 UTC 2004

On Sep 1, 2004, at 1:31 PM, The Avantguardian wrote:

>> But this solution
>> misses the
>> *sociological* reality, which is that the child is
>> being isolated and
>> stigmatized (so to speak) in front of her
>> classmates, on the basis of a
>> totally delusional and in fact insane proposition.
>
> If she were really being stigmatized wouldn't that
> make the Catholic Church cannonize her to sainthood?
> Then she could eat anything she wanted for communion.
> :)

I really did miss the part that said it had to be wheat.  Unleavened
maybe, but wheat?  And of course the whole ritual was a twist binding
up hard-won dogma a few centuries after the purported events and
co-opting the shared meal new converts used to participate in as a rite
of passage back in the day when Christian groups practiced real poverty
and primitive communism.

-s