[extropy-chat] eating god flesh

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 1 20:31:47 UTC 2004

> But this solution
> misses the
> *sociological* reality, which is that the child is
> being isolated and
> stigmatized (so to speak) in front of her
> classmates, on the basis of a
> totally delusional and in fact insane proposition.

If she were really being stigmatized wouldn't that
make the Catholic Church cannonize her to sainthood?
Then she could eat anything she wanted for communion.
:)

More seriously I agree. It's really strange but the
more ancient any such social bonding ritual is, it
seems more attention is paid to be getting it exactly
right. Whatever that means. I also wonder if it is why
the Spaniards outlawed the cultivation of amaranth by
the Aztecs - a native American grain used similarly to
wheat. Interestingly, amaranth was used by the Aztecs
in THEIR holy rituals before they got bludgeoned into
catholocism.

=====
The Avantguardian

"He stands like some sort of pagan god or deposed tyrant. Staring out over the city he's sworn to . . .to stare out over and it's evident just by looking at him that he's got some pretty heavy things on his mind."