[extropy-chat] SETI: First radio signal from alien

Patrick Wilken Patrick.Wilken at Nat.Uni-Magdeburg.DE
Fri Sep 3 14:31:49 UTC 2004

The New Scientist article is more informative:

One of the odd things is that its apparently nowhere near any known
stars. Its seems like the SETI at Home folks are taking it in their
strides and want to rule out other obvious artifacts before getting too
excited. It would be cool even if they had just found an interesting
natural phenomenon.

best, patrick