[extropy-chat] SETI: First radio signal from alien

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 3 17:13:29 UTC 2004

--- Spike <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:

> OK lets do it this way: lets wager using imaginary virtual
> dollars, sorta like Robin Hansen's IFX ideas futures (except
> they use actual virtual dollars.)  So everyone keep track
> of your own score, and propose wager amounts that are real
> to you personally.  Don't offer to bet a million virtual
> euros unless you have or had at one time an actual million
> euros or dollars, so that you have some idea how much money
> that is.
>
> I accept a wager of 100 imaginary virtual dollars,
> my position being that this signal is not LGMs.  I have
> another 100 IVDs that says the shuttles will see no
> damage from Frances.

No bet. Eyewall velocities are at 100 mph and dropping. Frances is
going to be a dud. Move along folks, nothing to see here... better luck
next time.

I will wager .25 IVozAu that this signal is alien, and .125 IVozAu that
it is a lazy radio tech's Game Boy he forgot somewhere in the instrument.

=====
Mike Lorrey
Chairman, Free Town Land Development
                                         -William Pitt (1759-1806)