[extropy-chat] wtf? a Eudora problem

Harvey Newstrom mail at harveynewstrom.com
Sat Sep 4 15:33:06 UTC 2004

> On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 16:17:47 -0500, Damien Broderick
> <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:
>>
>>> how the other group came to be, and begin to
>>> unde    rstandtheminthatway.
>>>
>>> - or -
>>>
>>> It is already the case that many humans do not begin
>>> to truly      understandothersthattheyinteractwith.
>>> For instance, what Luddite could be said to truly
>>
>> A lot of my email is arriving looking that way, with chunks of text
>> stuck
>> together. I'm using the freebie or ad-subsidized Eudora 6.11.Can
>> anyone
>> tell me what's happening here?
>>
>> Damien Broderick

The freebie version of Eudora downloads advertisements constantly while
you are using it.  i think the higher network interrupts are
interfering with your keystrokes if you type too fast.  You might try
unplugging your network cable to see if the typing improves.  I know
this isn't a solution, but it would test my theory.  This is one of the
reasons I hate adware, because it interferes with what you really want
the computer to be doing.

--
Harvey Newstrom, CISSP, CISA, CISM, IAM, IBMCP, GSEC
<HarveyNewstrom.com>