[extropy-chat] wtf? a Eudora problem

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 16:44:35 UTC 2004

On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 11:33:06 -0400, Harvey Newstrom wrote:

> The freebie version of Eudora downloads advertisements constantly while
> you are using it.  i think the higher network interrupts are
> interfering with your keystrokes if you type too fast.  You might try
> unplugging your network cable to see if the typing improves.  I know
> this isn't a solution, but it would test my theory.  This is one of the
> reasons I hate adware, because it interferes with what you really want
> the computer to be doing.

You could move most of your high-volume email to google by opening a
gmail account. Then use your browser (Mozilla, of course) to read and
respond to gmails.
And use Mozilla mail for the emails that you want to store on your own pc.
Most people save megabytes of disk space by moving to gmail. And you
can access it from anywhere.

Best wishes, BillK