[extropy-chat] why do we stop laughing?

Gina Miller nanogirl at halcyon.com
Wed Sep 8 07:21:14 UTC 2004

Hmm, I actually have problems with this adjustment, especially in public, when you are supposed to control yourself. The joke comes and goes, and I can not stop laughing. I'm talking water in the eyes, bending over and the whole, "now I'm laughing because I am laughing" phase. I will even continue to crack internal jokes after the initial joke, in my head. I notice I do it more in situations where I should be more reserved and well behaved, it may just be the rebel in me, sort of like when mom would drag me to church and I would think dirty thoughts just because it's taboo.........but I am a natural clown, among other things. g`