[extropy-chat] [Pigdog] Fwd: ExtropianTrash(fwdfromthespian at doitnow.com)

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 12 23:12:07 UTC 2004

--- Giu1i0 Pri5c0 <pgptag at gmail.com> wrote:

> the same conclusion is also implied by Fukuyama
> ...transhumanism as the most dangerous idea of our
> times.
> In other words: our opponents are SCARED

I see it slightly differently.

It's not that **they** are scared, but that they are
fear-mongers, making their living scaring others, the
mass-infotainment consumers, the little people.  They
do this by fishing around for a qualified bogeyman.
Blacks, commies, homos, furriners, drug
users,...whatever works.  Fear: the mother's milk of
political control.

The pace of technological change and the
incomprehensibility of matters scientific provoke
feelings of helplessness and vulnerability in the
little people, then follows fear and anger.  The
Fukuyama's of the world seek out and develop this
resource, and then hire themselves out to the
politicos who exploit it.

Anyway, that's how I see it.

YMMV.

Best, Jeff Davis

"The new always carries with it the sense of violation
and sacrilege.  What is dead is sacred. What is new,
that is different, is evil, dangerous, or subversive."

                       Henry Miller