[extropy-chat] "ExtropianTrash"-philosophy for a post-modern world VS JW's

Zero Powers zero.powers at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 03:31:23 UTC 2004

For JW's (and other "Christian" sects as well) blood is a special
case.  There are biblical scriptures which support the proposition
that "life is in the blood."  Of course, from a purely biological
viewpoint, life is in any organ necessary to keep an organism alive.
It could just as rightly be said that life is in the brain, or life is
in the heart, etc.

But given the special significance given to blood in scripture
(draining the blood from sacrificial animals, prohibitions against
eating the blood of food animals, the theological significance
ascribed to the shedding of "Christ's" blood on the cross, etc.), it
is not surprising that JW's view the exchange of blood between persons
to have extraordinarily vital significance.

On the other hand, I have seen no scriptural basis for any JW
objection to such "extropic" tech as brain implants or other
artificial mental and/or physical enhancements so long, of course, as
their is no contamination of the blood in the process.