[extropy-chat] Moveon.org

Brent Neal brentn at freeshell.org
Sat Sep 18 01:38:37 UTC 2004

 (9/16/04 19:44) Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:

>POWER OF ATTORNEY Ever heard of it? With a living will, your power of
>attorney assignee has the authority to visit you to ascertain your
>level of care. Problem is you (or whoever you are talking about) didn't
>use the right code words. You don't say "I'm his gay partner", you say
>"I'm his power of attorney". Gay partner doesn't mean shit, sorry to
>say, but power of attorney holds the keys to the kingdom.

Sorry, you're incorrect. I have heard of PoA, since my father is an A and I hold one for both him and my mother: a health care PoA. If I were not their son, the PoA would let me tell the doctor what to do, but it would not compel the doctor or the hospital administrators to let me in the room. As I had already stated. Go to law school, then come back and talk.

Brent Neal
Geek of all Trades
http://brentn.freeshell.org

"Specialization is for insects" -- Robert A. Heinlein