[extropy-chat] Moveon.org

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 18 02:16:08 UTC 2004

--- Brent Neal <brentn at freeshell.org> wrote:

> Sorry, you're incorrect. I have heard of PoA, since my father is an A
> and I hold one for both him and my mother: a health care PoA. If I
> were not their son, the PoA would let me tell the doctor what to do,
> but it would not compel the doctor or the hospital administrators to
> let me in the room. As I had already stated. Go to law school, then
> come back and talk.

Really, now, and how would you be fully informed to tell the doctor
what to do unless you could confer with your client??? I've been
through it, in fact, in the last year, as my mother spent a month and a
half in a drug induced coma while she was swollen up like jabba the
hutt with 30 liters of fluid to keep her blood pressure up enough to
stay alive, while her organs recovered from system wide peritonitis and
the removal of most of her intestines. Do you really want to joust with
me over this?

=====
Mike Lorrey
Chairman, Free Town Land Development