[extropy-chat] Bob Woodwards book - Plan of Attack

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Sun Sep 19 12:03:51 UTC 2004

I just finished reading Bob Woodwards book _Plan of Attack_  I'd heard that both the Bush and Kerry campaigns were supportive of it and thought that Bob Woodward of Watergate fame might do a reasonable job of inpartially reporting the facts. Michael Moore didn't really work for me.

Some reviews here:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/074325547X//ref=pd_sim_books_1/104-8660731-7955105?v=glance&s=books&vi=reviews

Anyone else read this?

I found it fascinating the way Woodward was able to report what Bush had said (he'd interviewed Bush and a lot of the players personally) while leaving it to the reader to make their own judgement on whether Bush was decisive or a fool. Imo, pretty much either interpretation could be drawn depending on the readers predisposition to Bush. That's canny political writing.

Brett Paatsch