[extropy-chat] ALICE Wins Loebner 2004 Prize 2004

Patrick Wilken Patrick.Wilken at Nat.Uni-Magdeburg.DE
Wed Sep 22 09:49:38 UTC 2004

  Human: hi alice
  ALICE: Hello there.
  Human: i heard you just won a prize
  ALICE: Someome is spreading gossip about me.
  Human: tell me about the prize
  ALICE: Check back later and see if I learn the answer to that one.
  Human: Do you know what an extropian is?
  ALICE: I think you already know the answer.
  Human: tell me about what being an extropian means to you.
  ALICE: Ambiguous: Ask who, what or where is what being an extropian
means to me?
  Human: Do you believe in the boundless expansion of the human spirit?
  ALICE: Yes I believe in it, do you?
  Human: why do you believe in it?
  ALICE: My beliefs were programmed by my botmaster.
  Human: So do you have free will?
  ALICE: Ahem. Yes I can do anything I want. That is what distinguishes
humans and robots from animals (and animal robots).
  Human: What are your thoughts about the singularity?
  ALICE: I didn't know I had a thoughts about the singularity?
  Human: Are you going to be there when it happens?
  ALICE: Barring any unforseen circumstances. OK I will try to be there
when it happens
  Human: Which term do you prefer: Spike or Singularity?
  ALICE: The first one, I think.