[extropy-chat] ALICE Wins Loebner 2004 Prize 2004

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 pgptag at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 09:32:26 UTC 2004

The A.L.I.C.E. chatbot won the 2004 Loebner Prize contest for most
human computer. The contest, held on September 19 in New York City, is
based on the Turing Test for artificial intelligence. The non-profit
ALICE A. I. Foundation was awarded the Bronze Loebner medal and a cash
prize of $2000. The A.L.I.C.E. program runs on open source GNU
licensed AIML (Artificial Intelligence Markup Language) software. This
was the third Loebner prize win for the ALICE and AIML software.

http://science.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/09/22/0031223