[extropy-chat] Nanotech startups are the latest technology gold rush. One company is making a killing selling pans to the prospectors.

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Wed Sep 22 17:11:28 UTC 2004

But what they're actually selling is just a relatively
common part of the system one would need for
advanced nanomanufacturing.  Specifically, vapor
deposition systems that add material after you've
already created a pattern by some other means, while
a lot of the trickiness and functionality (at least
from my own nano experiments) comes from the processes
that create said patterns in the first place.

http://www.technologyreview.com/articles/04/10/chung1004.asp?p=1