[extropy-chat] If the nonUS citizens voted in Nov 2 elections...

Brian Lee brian_a_lee at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 24 20:55:26 UTC 2004

I think the UN accomplishes what the 10 foreign seats in the US House would
accomplish. It just violates the sense of sovereignty. Should New York
citizens have 2 respresentatives in the NJ/Delaware/CT/etc houses and
senates?

A society should elect its own representatives, not representatives for
other societies.

As for the ill-will toward the US. I think that the US will be hated no
matter what it does because it is the lone superpower and there is no threat
to make other countries cleave to us. Wait 50 years and then everyone will
hate China for being the lone superpower.

BAL