[extropy-chat] rad-hardened space-rated supercomputers

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 4 14:18:29 UTC 2005

http://www.maxwell.com/go/scs750a.html

Nice board. Triple redundant PowerPC chips, 1000x faster than
space-probe computer systems currently in use, rated at 1 error in 300
years. Need a passel of these puppies for your next bobble-ship design.

Maxwell makes some other fun products too, particularly 2700 Farad
ultracapacitors (nice for hybrid/fuelcell vehicles) using buckyball
coated electrodes to create fractal surface geometries. These
capacitors have a significant fraction of the storage capacity of
batteries and can charge/discharge in seconds or minutes rather than
hours without damage.

Makes me wanna go out and break the land speed electric car record.

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com