[extropy-chat] RFID smartcard passports and driver's licenses

Extropian Agroforestry Ventures Inc. megao at sasktel.net
Sun Apr 10 01:37:47 UTC 2005

Your personal biometrics would be your "private key".
Personal genomics  might be constitute a "super key" from which would
be  chosen  pieces of conserved genomics
encrypted into the "private key".
Your "public key" which would be the identity used for everyday
dealings. and would be a
"low resolution" version of your "private key".
Over a lifetime  the "private key" might be used to generate several
versions of a "public key".....if
the "public key"  was compromised".

Samantha Atkins wrote:

>> On Apr 8, 2005 12:31 AM, Mike Lorrey wrote:
>>

>>> The thing you are missing is that as RFID becomes ubiquitous, a hacker
>>> doesn't need access to a database anymore to rip off your identity, it
>>> is ALL sitting on your person in the form of chips ready to transmit
>>> your personal information like Kitty Kelly playing a crack whore.
>>>
>> <snip>
>>

>>> Are you getting that cold sinking feeling, yet?
>>>

> A solution to possible identity theft would be to tie the information
> to biometric scan.  Thus a would be identity thief would be
> immediately detected.
>
> A better solution also addressing privacy would be a small computer
> (perhaps the size of a key fob or built in to a cell phone) that could
> only be activated by the biometrics of the user and that allows the
> user to rigorously control how much information is transmitted in any
> encounter.  If the device was stolen it would be useless without very
> major decryption work.   It should also be possible to set the amount
> of information to be automatically available on request at will.  The
> information that I would want automatically available at a party would
> likely be very different than what I would want available in a
> business setting.
>

> - samantha

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.