[extropy-chat] Help send a laptop to Kenya

Joseph Bloch jbloch at humanenhancement.com
Wed Apr 13 02:49:01 UTC 2005

The Kenyan Transhumanist Association is about to open up a "Knowledge
House", and they have put out a call for laptops to be donated to the
cause. The Knowledge House will help spread science education and
Transhumanist memes in Kenya.

I have a laptop I'm willing to send over to benefit the cause, but
unfortunately the shipping costs are simply beyond my means right now.
It takes a minimum of $148 to ship it there.

That's where you come in.

I am selling my copy of Carl Sagan's excellent television series
"Cosmos" on eBay right now. It's a VHS copy of the entire series, in a
nice box set. There's a little wear on two of the box's corners, but
other than that the tapes are in great shape.

I'm selling it with the hope that I can offset the cost of shipping the
laptop to the KTA. I've listed a "buy it now" price that will exactly
cover the price of shipping, but if the bidding gets higher (and I hope
it does, for their sake), I'll just send any excess along as a gift.

Yes, you can definitely buy Cosmos for less money. This is entirely a
gimmick to raise funds to send a badly-needed laptop computer to some
fellow Transhumanists in a place where both the technology and
Transhumanist ideas are badly needed. Your money will be directly
helping them.

If you're interested in helping, please check out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6386560097&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Thanks, all.

Joseph

Enhance your body "beyond well" and your mind "beyond normal":
http://www.humanenhancement.com
New Jersey Transhumanist Association: http://www.goldenfuture.net/njta
PostHumanity Rising: http://transhumanist.blogspot.com/ (updated 4/9/05)