[extropy-chat] EMP Attack?

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 18 03:43:54 UTC 2005

--- Adrian Tymes <wingcat at pacbell.net> wrote:
> I was unaware of any
> war games within
> a year of the attack which actually tried to
> anticipate jets
> deliberately being rammed into buildings.  (And I
> still am unaware,
> unless someone cites references to said war games.)

I am unaware of recent wargames as well, although
there was an episode of the since cancelled FOX series
"The Lone Gunmen", an X-files spin-off about Mulders 3
paranoid technogeek friends, where the Gunmen had to
stop a fiendish government plot. The plot involved a
fake hijacking to cover-up the use of an
anti-hijacking remote control device that could
control the plane from the ground, over-riding the
cockpit controls and forcing the "hijacked" plane to
crash into a skyscraper. Of course in the episode, the
Gunmen saved the day and the plane never actually
crashed into the sky scraper, but I was sort-of
creeped out when a few weeks later, 9-11 happened. It
was if FOX knew something of the so-called
"intelligence buzz" surrounding 9-11. Probably a
coincidence but a creepy one none-the-less.

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"The surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't attempted to contact us."
-Bill Watterson