[extropy-chat] NeoFiles: Time and Connectivity

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 pgptag at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 05:16:55 UTC 2005

The new issue of RU Sirius'
NeoFiles<http://www.life-enhancement.com/LE/neofiles/default.asp?ID=64>is
out: If
Ray Kurzweil's co-author Terry
Grossman<http://www.life-enhancement.com/LE/neofiles/default.asp?ID=62>and
writer Ramez
Naam <http://www.life-enhancement.com/LE/neofiles/default.asp?ID=61> are
correct, we're going to be around for a long time (or at least our progeny
will be long-lived). What to do with all that time? One of the most
fulfilling things we will likely do is build human connections and
relationships. Networker Joi
Ito<http://www.life-enhancement.com/LE/neofiles/default.asp?ID=63>tells
us how the community of minds that have been linking together in
cyberspace continually find new forms and formats to experiment with. Some
work better than others, and even the best of them still need to be tended
to and cared for by their most motivated participants. But in sum, seeing
where these endless permutations of digital communion - these temporary
synergies of brains and memes - take us is well worth sticking around for.